- Adriana Alberti, United Nations
- Harry Blair, Yale University
- Bharat Dahiya, Professor,Thamasat University, Thailand
- Nasser Javed, The Urban Unit, Pakistan
- Debolina Kundu, Professor, National Institute of Urban Affairs, India
- Camilla Rocca, Mo Ibrahim Foundation focused on Governance in Africa
- Bo Qin, Professor, Renmin University, China
Taking into account conceptual reviews, city case studies and innovations, Cheema offers concrete actions that need to be taken to improve access of marginalized groups to basic urban services. During this event, Cheema will be joined by some of the co-authors of this collaborative study.
About the editor and principal author
Shabbir Cheema is a Senior Fellow at the Ash Center. Previously, he was the Director of Democratic Governance Division of United Nations Development Program (UNDP) and the Director of Asia-Pacific Governance and Democracy Initiative of East-West Center. He has taught at the University of Hawaii, University of Science in Malaysia and New York University. He is the author or co-author of Evolution of Development Thinking: Governance, Economics, Assistance and Security (Palgrave Macmillan 2016); Decentralizing Governance: Emerging Concepts and Practices (Brookings Institution Press in cooperation with Harvard University, 2007); and Building Democratic Institutions: Governance Reform in Developing Countries (Kumarian Press, 2005).
Tune into the virtual event