This event concluded on September 10, 2020. View the original description and event recording below.
Activists and practitioners were already preparing for a tumultuous election year before the COVID-19 pandemic hit our shores. Now, the months ahead present immense challenges – and opportunities – for redefining how civic engagement is practiced for Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) communities.
Join us on September 10 for a timely discussion with leading practitioners who are effectively integrating digital strategies with authentic power-building while navigating a never-before-seen civic environment. All share a mission of giving real agency to vulnerable communities at the front lines of the fight against the virus.
- Arianna Genis, North Carolina State Director, Mijente
- Simone Smith, Development Manager, Wisconsin Voices
- Vincent Pan, Co-Executive Director, Chinese for Affirmative Action
- Eskedar Getahun, Interim CEO, PushBlack
- Nick Carter (Moderator), Technology and Democracy Fellow, Harvard Kennedy School
Virtual Event Recording