About the Webinar
In today’s turbulent public sector environment of increased demand, compressed resources, complex social challenges and changing demographics, leaders are grappling with how to increase their capacity to deliver. Innovative executives in human services are taking the lead by moving to an outcomes-focused business model.
Yet, moving to an outcomes-focused business model takes a deft hand; leaders have to guide their organizations and stakeholders to new models of cross-boundary governance, new organizational structures, new enabling technologies, and new methods of delivering services.
This webinar, co-sponsored with Leadership for a Networked World, will help public service leaders understand the challenges and opportunities of leading with an outcomes-focus, addressing questions such as:
- How does an outcomes-focused model improve organizational performance?
- How should a leader prepare the organizational culture for outcomes-focused management?
- What technologies and processes enable the collection and analysis of outcome measures?
- What are the steps to moving toward and sustaining an outcomes-focused organizational model?
- JudyAnn Bigby, M.D., Secretary, Massachusetts Department of Health and Human Services
- Tracy Wareing, Executive Director, American Public Human Services Association
- Jerry Friedman, Director of Strategic Initiatives, Accenture
Moderator: Jerry Mechling, Ph.D., founding director of Leadership for a Networked World and adjunct lecturer in public policy at Harvard Kennedy School
Ample time will be allocated for audience Q&A.