The LGBTQ community has made significant strides towards equality and progress in recent years, but has also faced renewed hostility and political setbacks. Across the country, practitioners and activists are working to mobilize a diverse coalition and encourage them to make their voices heard on Election Day. Join the Ash Center for Democratic Governance and Innovation as we discuss the priorities of LGBTQ voters and how they are being mobilized to get out and vote this November. Panelists include:
- Chasten Buttigieg, Fall 2020 Fellow, Institute of Politics, Harvard Kennedy School
- Charlotte Clymer, Writer and LGBTQ Advocate
- Jade Duran, Secretary, Maricopa County Democratic Party, Arizona
- Hope Jackson, Deputy Campaign Director, Human Rights Campaign
- Dr. Timothy Patrick McCarthy (Moderator), Harvard Kennedy School
This event is co-sponsored by the Harvard Kennedy School Institute of Politics and LGBTQ Caucus.
Virtual Event Recording