Research Assistant Position, Full-time or Part-Time, Summer 2021 | Remote
The Ash Center for Democratic Governance and Innovation advances excellence and innovation in governance and public policy through research, education, and public discussion. The Democratic Governance program at the Ash Center explores the relationships between democratic governance and the persistence of urgent social problems.
The program is launching a multidisciplinary collaboration series to reimagine American democracy by bringing together academics and practitioners across three specific pillar communities: media, social movements, and institution reform.
- Help the Project Manager implement the vision and strategy for the Reimagining Democracy Series, including hosting public discussion events and laying the groundwork for a medium-scale convening
- Attend weekly team meetings and other meetings as needed
- Serve as an additional point of contact for Reimagining Democracy working groups
- Oversee communication listservs and draft email communications to defined communities of academics and practitioners
- Undertake research on issues pertaining to media, social movements, and institutional reform
- Provide additional support as needed
Research Fellow, Bloomberg Harvard City Leadership Initiative
- The National COVID-19 Landlord Survey, which examines the impact of COVID-19 on the national rental market, with a goal of understanding how small, “mom and pop” landlords are managing and responding to financial strain brought about by the pandemic.
- The Housing and COVID-19 Study, which examines the impact of exposure to substandard housing on the risk of COVID-19 infection.
- A randomized controlled trial (RCT) impact evaluation in Buffalo, NY on the impact of blight remediation and community outreach on crime and wellbeing.